One In Five Rooms Is ‘Highly Contaminated’ With Hidden Mold

ScienceDaily (May 1, 2008) – Surely your bathroom is fungus-free once you’ve wiped the mould off the tiles? Not according to a study by French scientists in the Royal Society of Chemistry’s Journal of Environmental Monitoring. They report that almost one in five rooms studied with no visible mould was in fact “highly contaminated” by fungus which could aggravate conditions such as asthma.

The study also found that bedrooms and living rooms were no less contaminated than bathrooms and kitchens – “hidden” fungus was not only airborne but found in carpets and soft furnishings, and behind wallpaper, and was often colorless and odorless.

When assessing a building’s level of contamination, many authorities rely on trained investigators to see or smell the fungus – Sandrine Roussel, lead author of the article, and collaborators say this is not enough. By completing questionnaires and sampling the air in hundreds of homes in France, they found that what you see is not always what you get.

“Nowadays, no one would agree to live in housing which presents any risks towards lead or carbon monoxide. Tomorrow, moulds and other chemical substances will probably follow,” says Roussel.

Mould in the home is not just unsightly and indicative of poor hygiene standards; it is known to aggravate a range of medical conditions, such as asthma, rhinitis and hypersensitivity pneumonitis. This study set out to establish if more could be done to identify fungus as exacerbating these complaints.

Surprisingly, the study found that factors commonly held to increase mould contamination had relatively little effect. The age of the building, presence of pets and even outdoor and indoor temperature had little bearing on fungus concentration.

As for airborne fungi, it made little or no difference if the room was regularly used to dry clothes, or contained indoor plants – factors that public health inspectors had previously highlighted as key issues.

The researchers found that significant factors in levels of contamination were structure, such as lack of ventilation or a ground floor apartment, or accidental damage, such as water damage.

Journal reference: Roussel et al., J. Environ. Monit., 2008, DOI: 10.1039/b718909e

 

Yes, Mold Spores Live Where YOU Live!

Eliminating ALL sources of mold and mildew in your home, vehicle and workplace is nearly impossible. With warmer and more humid weather upon us, many of you will suffer flare-ups in problems caused by (or made worse by) mold.

(Keep reading)

Even though we cannot control every square inch of the space where we live, work, and ride and relax, we CAN control how our body reacts to mold, and the dangerous chemicals that mold makes.How can you protect your body from suffering mold and fungus-related symptoms and problems?

 

The 1st step is to realize that hidden mold, mildew and fungus can be hurting you, even when you don’t see or smell mold.

 

In fact, once a room has developed a ‘musty smell’ the mold count has already reached extremely high levels. Sources of ongoing mold growth are numerous….. dirty air conditioning filters, water damage, improper ventilation, and wallpaper are a few the common culprits. The places mold grows are everywhere!

Fight back….Using a method that works WITH your body

 

At Nutrition Wellness Center, we use Targeted Nutritional Analysis to detect the frequencies of molds, mildew and fungi that make their home inside your body. When the presence of these dangerous ‘parasitic plants’ is detected, we create an action plan to help you stop the internal overgrowth of these poisons.

(800)222-3610 – or – (941)371-1991

Please visit our website and our NEW BLOG:

www.HowToxicAreYou.com http://www.howtoxicareyou.com/blog/

Presented by: Dr. James H. Martin Nutrition Wellness Center Sarasota Florida